Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jalapeño Margarita

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  Kyle's father, a Sir Gary Masterson, recommended this recipe to us, and we found it to be quite tasty.

Ingredients:

1 fresh jalapeno pepper
1 oz tequila
1 oz agave nectar
6 oz sour mix
dash of lemon or lime juice
lime wedges for garnish
salt to rim the glass (if desired!)

Cut a thin slice from the jalapeno pepper and dice it finely. The final call will be up to you - the more pepper, the more heat!  Drop the pepper into a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, and muddle.  Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice, then shake the ingredients until cold.  If desired, salt the rim of a chilled margarita glass.  Pour contents, with ice, into the glass.  Garnish with a lime wedge.

Tips:  A margarita is usually made with triple sec, but Gary recommended the agave, to cut the sweetness.  I didn't have any agave on hand (though I plan to get some to try this correctly), so I used triple sec, and it was still plenty tasty!

This just makes two margaritas - if I know you like I think I do, you'll want to triple the recipe to make a pitcher.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment