Monday, March 12, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Southwest Peppers

You may recognize these little guys from other recipes I've made... I'm obsessed with these peppers! They are adorable, vibrantly colored, and so sweet and mild that they can be used in a variety of recipes.

This is an easy recipe that I came up with. I simply roasted these peppers, and then stuffed them with Texas Caviar.  You can find the recipe for the stuffing here: Texas Caviar - see below for how I prepared the peppers.

Ingredients:
1-2 dozen sweet peppers (the grocery store usually sells these in bags which contain 15 or more, depending on size)
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 recipe Texas Caviar (link above)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.

Remove from oven and let cool. Slice in half and remove seeds. Stuff with Texas Caviar. Serve room temperature, or chilled - your choice!

Tips: I imagine you could remove the skins after roasting if you prefer- I didn't because I like the smoky flavor and with peppers this small, the skin isn't really noticeable.  Also, you can sprinkle these with any type of cheese. I decided not to because I didn't want to cover up the pretty colors of the vegetables... but I'm sure it would taste great! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment