Monday, October 31, 2011

The Drunken German

Kyle wanted me to rename this drink because he thought it was insulting to Germans.  He suggest that I call it the "Jovial German".  I thought that was silly, I mean, I didn't make up the recipe and besides, maybe it was the Germans themselves that named it!  Also, the Germans do enjoy getting drunk, at least during Oktoberfest, and so do I, so who's judging?

Ingredients:
2 ounces Jägermeister
2 ounces root beer
(multiply to make a pitcher of this delicious elixir)

Directions:
Pour Jägermeister into a glass.  Add cold root beer and stir.  Anyone can follow this recipe.

This is a surprisingly delicious combination - it tastes exactly like root beer candy!  Somehow I never even realized that Jägermeister was a German liqueur until preparing for an Oktoberfest party.  I learned a bit about the history of the drink, and I will impart that knowledge to you now.  You can thank me later.

Jägermeister, which means "hunt master" in German, is a liqueur that dates back to the seventeeth century.  It is made of a complex blend of 56 herbs, fruits and spices.  And, if mixed with red bull, it makes twenty-one year olds insane.  Enjoy getting jovial with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment