Friday, September 9, 2011

Butterscotch Brownies

My mother actually used to make these when I was a kid.  I don't know what made me think of them one day, since I hadn't had them since I was little, but these tasted exactly as I remembered.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt 
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 
2 eggs 
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 package (11 oz) butterscotch morsels, divided
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.  Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.  Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in another bowl until creamy.  Beat in eggs, then flour mixture.  Stir in just one cup of the morsels.  Spread into pan.

Sprinkle with remaining morsels and bake for 30- 40 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
  Cool and serve.

These are very rich.  I made a tower of peanut butter treats for a party, and added these as the bottom layer.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment