Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese, Cranberries, and Toasted Almonds

My boyfriend's mother, who is like a cuter, sweeter, and more fashionable version of Martha Stewart, made me this recipe over the holidays.  I believe she made it up, cause that's just the kind of lady she is....  It's sweet, tangy, healthy and delicious - I've made it about six times since.  Thanks Lyla - and I'm sorry if I changed any measurements, if so, it wasn't purposeful!

Lyla's Spinach Salad Ingredients:
1 package fresh baby spinach leaves
3/4 cup almond slices, toasted

3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 package (4 oz) goat cheese
Poppyseed dressing (about 1/2 a bottle)

Directions:

Toast almonds in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.  Remove and cool.  Toss spinach with chilled dressing, goat cheese, cranberries and almonds. 

Tips:  If preparing in advance (straight from Lyla's kitchen!), store separate ingredients in ziplock bags and toss together just before serving.  All of these ingredients can be easily modified in portion size to suit your tastes - I used more dressing and extra almonds when I made it for myself, but not everyone would approve.  Also, Newman's Own carries this flavor of dressing, as do several other brands.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment