Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Art Show

I had an art show in December to share my work.  Then I went out of town for the holidays.  In early January, we had a fire in our unit, and some of these paintings were still hanging on the walls....  so this is both a party post and an obituary for those pieces!  The one above was my newest work and it was burnt to a crisp.  Sad.


The party was a lot of fun and I made a delicious menu.  Here are the recipes, interspersed with my art!




This next painting was destroyed too, which is a shame, because I had just renamed it "Industrial Revolution".  It took years to come up with that name!

I served these smore's shooters, which are always a hit.  Here we are enjoying them!


Here is a painting that survived the fire - yay!


Many of Kyle's film student classmates came to the party, and they proceeded to have an impromptu photo shoot in the dining room, with entertaining results.











 This next one perished in the flames....

 but this one was untouched!



Here's Chad, posing as butler and delivering these drinks for me.


and here he is again, posing as a troll and hiding within my dining room table.


Survivor.

Murdered by firemen.  Yes, it's true - some wildly violent fireman speared a piece of wood directly through the heart of this painting, like they were trying to vanquish a demon.


Saved! 

Filet Mignon over Rosemary Potato with Bordelaise Sauce


Paul and I look so cozy!


And then there was dessert....







A casualty at just one week old:

 


And another casualty....

At the end of the day, I'm content that the fire didn't destroy all of my paintings.  My art room is in the back of the house, so only the paintings that were hung throughout the apartment burned.  This also means that all of my canvases, paint brushes, and paints are still with me.  In another words, I need to get to work and make some new pieces!  Nothing like a disaster to motivate the artist within.


I'll leave you with a final entertaining photo.  My painting (this one lived) being used as some sort of fiery death match background.   Pretty cool.


To view more of my work, check out my art site at www.yessy.com/leahjeanw
And, dear readers, be sure to keep your renter's insurance up to date!


No comments:

Post a Comment