Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blueberry Ginger Bellini


Wow.... sorry everyone!  I think this is the longest I've gone without posting.  I'll have to make it up to you with some wonderful drunken recipes.

I was making drinks for a cocktail party and realized that I wouldn't have enough glasses (I know, it sounds crazy, but I was making a lot of cocktail pairings!).  Then I saw these adorable tiny mason jars at Home Goods and managed to snap up 20 of them to serve drinks out of.  Cute and useful!

Yield:  1 pitcher

 Ingredients:
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 15 ounce can blueberry preserves
1 bottle moscato
2 cups blueberry juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup vodka
2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
Directions:
Mash blueberries with minced ginger, sugar, and lemon juice. Add blueberry preserves, moscato, blueberry juice, and mix. Chill and serve.

Tips: I meant to garnish this with lemon, which would have looked pretty, so do that... if you can remember.


This is a very sweet and refreshing cocktail.  Add extra vodka for more bite!  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment