Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Times Square Shooter

The original recipe for this was a bit painful.  Like drinking fire, straight.  But don't worry, I changed the name and the proportions and it is actually drinkable... and pretty to look at!  I'm extremely shallow, so that second part is very important.

Yield:  1 shot (multiply for more servings)

Ingredients:
1 ounce apple schnapps
1 teaspoon grenadine
1/2 ounce Goldschlager

Directions:
Pour the apple schnapps into the bottom of a shot glass.  Gently pour the grenadine over it.  The grenadine will sink to the bottom to make the red layer.  Let it settle for a moment.  Next, using a small spoon held upside down inside the glass, gently pour the goldschlager over the back of the spoon.  This will make the third layer.

If you do this carefully enough, the gold flakes from the goldschlager will become sort of trapped and float back and forth within the two top layers for a lovely effect.  This is not very well documented in my photos, as I was already pretty drunk when I took these.  If anyone is capable of taking sober pics of this drink, feel free to send them my way.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment