Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Strawberry Butter

I saw this recipe in a magazine and it sounded delicious.  It lives up to the hype!  I think this would go nicely with so many things... on bread, french toast, piped into cupcakes or pastries, with scones, etc.  I am also considering using it as a filling for a summery cake!

Of course I also put some in a Babycakes jar because I'm obsessed with making products for my food truck, so I apologize in advance if that seems capitalistic!  Did I just make up a new word?!

Yield:  About 25 servings

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh strawberries, cored
1 pound salted butter, room temperature
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until a thick, creamy consistency is achieved.  The butter will become more rigid in the refrigerator when chilled, so it won't seem like butter just yet.

Taste the butter and adjust flavorings if necessary - I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to measuring, so I basically just added more powdered sugar until it was sweet enough, and a bit more butter to get the proper consistency.  The measurements above are pretty similar to what I used, but you may want it more sour, more sweet, etc, so that is up to the cook!

This can be refrigerated for about a week, and frozen for later use.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment