Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Almonds & Cream Cheese

Okay... so I know you're going to tell me I've been posting too many recipes with bacon.  Despite what you may think, I don't sit home and eat a pound of bacon every weekday night.  Unless it's my birthday.

It's just that when I have parties, I like to make things that will get people excited, and few things have the capacity to get people as excited as bacon.  Besides, a lot of these recent recipes are from an Oktoberfest party I had, and the Germans put pork in everything.  So blame them for this.

Ingredients
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 package pitted dates
20 salted, roasted whole almonds
6-8 slices of bacon, cut into thirds
Toothpicks

Directions:
Start by frying the bacon in a pan for about 5 minutes, just until softened.  This will help the bacon crisp in the oven.  Drain on paper towels, let cool, and then cut into thirds or fourths, depending on the size of the dates.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Stuff a bit of cream cheese and one almond into each date, then wrap a piece of bacon around it.  Secure bacon with a toothpick if desired.  Arrange dates, bacon seam down, one inch apart on a foil covered baking sheet.

Bake for 5-10 minutes, until bacon is crisp, turning once.  Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment