- This recipe takes a little time because of all the grilling involved, but it is very tasty!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cobbs of corn, husked
- 1 cup of cooked black beans
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and cut in half
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 2 tortillas, deep fried while pressed in a wire basket so it is a shell shape.
DIRECTIONSSeason the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil. Cook on a hot, oiled grill about 5 minutes per side. Let rest and then cut into strips. Add the corn to the grill and cook on all sides until tender and slightly charred - about 7-8 minutes. Dice the chicken breast. Drizzle the corn, scallions, tomatoes and tomatoes with olive oil and place on the grill until slightly charred. Slice the red onion into slivers and also grill. Grill the limes, cut side down on the grill also.
Dice the grilled vegetables and shuck the kernels of corn off the cobb.
Make the dressing by combining the sour cream with chipotle and adobo and grilled lime juice and mix with a fork. Add a little olive oil to make it nice and smooth.
To mix the salad: place the chopped vegetables and diced chicken into a large bowl and combine well. Dress the salad with a little of the dressing and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, place spoonfuls of salad into tortilla shells and garnish with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
Tips: If you're in a hurry, you can use canned corn and just grill the onions, chicken and bell pepper. Also, if you're not a fan of chipotle, this is also good with a standard southwest style ranch.